Slip-And-Fall Litigation In Connecticut
When you go into a restaurant, a grocery store or another public place, you have every right to expect it to be safe from unnecessary dangers that could cause serious accidents. However, it is all too common for accidents to occur as a result of unsafe conditions in public places. If you have been hurt in an accident like this, you could be eligible to receive compensation to cover the costs of your medical bills, lost wages, and pain and suffering.
At Trotta,Trotta & Trotta, we represent clients in slip-and-fall cases and other types of injury claims. Our firm has been serving the legal needs of clients throughout Connecticut since 1927. We are a premier personal injury firm with a track record of success.
Types Of Cases
A slip-and-fall case is essentially a premises liability claim. This means that a property owner is generally liable for accidents caused by unsafe conditions on the property. This can include:
- Spills in the aisles: This is the most common type of slip-and-fall accident. When liquids, food items or cleaning supplies are spilled in the walkways, the property owner or manager is responsible to make sure it is cleaned up quickly and that no one is in unnecessary danger.
- Objects falling from the shelves: In many cases, the employees stacking shelves do so negligently. Boxes, cans and other items can be leaning over the edge of a shelf or stacked in a dangerous way. This could lead to serious head injuries.
- Dangerous stairways: In many places, stair rails or the steps themselves can be in disrepair, leading to a greater risk of slipping. Back, leg and head injuries commonly result from this negligence.
- Elevator accidents: Although it is rare that an elevator fails, when that happens, the results are catastrophic.
- Ice and snow in the parking lot: In addition to the inside of buildings, the outdoor walkways, parking lots and entryways need to be safe and clear of ice and snow.
These cases can be complex. Having an experienced personal injury attorney on your side is crucial to obtaining the compensation you deserve.
Skilled Negotiators. Seasoned Litigators.
Many law firms do not have any experience in a real courtroom. They simply negotiate settlements, and when their cases need to go to litigation, they hand the cases off to other firms. At Trotta,Trotta & Trotta, we have experience in litigation. We are able to take your case to court and win.
This litigation experience also helps us in negotiation. When the other side knows we are able to win in the courtroom, they are much more likely to make good settlement offers in order to avoid the costs of litigation. We can help you determine what your case is worth. Whether at the negotiating table or in the courtroom, we will work to get you the best compensation award available.
Contact Us For A Free Initial Consultation
You will not be charged for calling us and meeting with a lawyer to discuss your case. We will help you understand your rights and options so you can move forward confidently. Call our New Haven office at +1-203-787-6756 or email us today to schedule a consultation.